Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 3: Papercraft (FAIL)

Due to schoolwork I kept putting my papercraft project off to the weekend, since I had time on Friday and Sunday to do stuff. Turned out I had limited access to the family car, so after finding out that Staples didn't have the right type of paper to print on, and after experimenting at home with our own printer and not being happy with the results, I was stuck. I went to Kinko's on Sunday and thankfully, it worked out well there with the printing. So I officially started my project on Sunday, which is cutting it close.

THIS is the papercraft I decided to try: http://ninjatoes.wordpress.com/2009/12/12/the-legend-of-zelda-hero-of-twilight/

Daunting, yes? I may have been slightly overconfident, considering I've never papercrafted before.

Here are some photos of my project:

Notice how much better Kinko printing looks.
My printer vs. Kinko. Kinko wins :(.

Some of the tools I used. I protected the table with newspapers!
Ready to papercraft.

Took me about 20  minutes to get here, and another 5 to finish this boot. Jesus Christ this is boring.
Almost done a boot, and I'm already bored.

Then at around 2PM, I get an e-mail from Robin, head of the Rotman Public Speaking club. He reminds me that I'm holding an improv workshop tomorrow for our membership, something I'm doing for the first time ever (Hint: it's Week 4!). Then I realized I had forgotten to prepare for it, so I tidied up and began readying that. I WILL finish the papercraft, though it seems like I underestimated the amount of time and effort it would take to do so, and how mind-numbingly boring it is. I'm almost willing to go for a run every day of the week instead to make up for not finishing it. If anyone can think of a better punishment, I'd love to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. How did it turn out?! I am very impressed you had the patience to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you click on 'Read More' you will note that I did not have the time or patience to finish this...yet?

    I guess the Read More links aren't completely obvious...I'll have to do something about that.

    ReplyDelete