Monday, March 8, 2010

The beginning of the Everyday Better Guy movement

I am LAZY. I have many interests, most of which I pursue half-assedly. I'm part of an improv troupe but never practice. I love music and to sing but all I ever do is go to karaoke. There are so many things I could be doing, but instead I'm addicted to playing Settlers of Catan online at games.asobrain.com.

So I've set myself a mandate: Starting today, I will use at least an hour of free time every weekday to achieve one thing that makes me a better, more well-rounded person. It could be something small like improving my cooking skills or actually doing all of my school readings, or bigger like taking guitar or improv or vocal lessons or something else that I normally don't do. Then I will post about it here, with photo/video evidence if possible.

Why now? I don't think the reasons for wanting to be a better person matter as much as actually following through with it. And I will do so through small steps, one day at a time.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment