Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Week 1, Day 3: Edit some video!

As I mentioned yesterday, today Mike & I edited some video footage of the 404s improv troupe (that I belong to) playing a pen & paper roleplaying game. Back in mid-January, we had shot 4 hours' worth of footage of us playing an RPG and goofing off. That is getting condensed into 5-6 under 10 minute episodes. We're trying to make sure that the story comes through, and that the funniest bits are kept in while the not-so-entertaining parts are left out.

Tim does an amazing Wookie impression that we kept replaying and had us ROFL-ing all day. Once the episodes are done I'm sure we'll have a highlights reel.

This was my first big video editing project, as in the past all I did was convert straight video from my camera to a Youtube compatible format, while in this one I'm making cuts and transitions. I only had the one stationary camera angle to work with, so that kept things relatively simple. By the end of it I was pretty comfortable with iMovie, though I'm sure I'll be wanting to graduate to Final Cut sooner or later. We pretty much finished cutting and editing the first 2 episodes, now I'm just waiting for a high-res image of The 404s logo to slap on and the first episode should be out by the end of the week. I'll make sure to post the fruits of our labour then.

Also, I just found out that I'm going on an impromptu road trip tomorrow morning. A bunch of university friends will be driving down to Montreal for a 2-night stay. Not sure what shenanigans will ensue just yet, but it surely qualifies for my Day 4 improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment