Friday, April 23, 2010

Week 7 - Dear rubber band, you're playing my tune out of tune

This week is quite heavy for me with school deliverables and preparing for exams, but I managed to squeeze in an extra-light project.

As those who know me IRL may have noticed, I walk a bit funny. I don't fully step on my heels so I'm always leaning forward a bit when I walk. Dunno if there's something weird going on with my feet but I've been doing this pretty much my whole life, and it hasn't always been pleasant when people pointed it out (especially in school where kids can be mean). Though I've tried correcting it over the years by telling myself I'd try to walk properly, I'd keep forgetting to do so - it had become a natural thing for me.

So for this week I decided I'll take one more stab at it, by trying a method I'd heard about but always thought was silly: the old "snap yourself with a rubber band around the wrist whenever you catch yourself doing the bad thing" trick. I've been wearing this rubber band all week and it still bother me, which tends to be a good reminder for walking properly.

Anyways, I'll report back on how things are going later. Been doing it since Tuesday and will likely continue for longer than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment