Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 10: Go go go, allez allez allez!

I started my week going "uh-oh, I have no idea what to do for this week". It is now Sunday afternoon, and until 5 minutes ago that was still the case. Now I have two ideas: the first I'm doing for sure, and it's going out to play soccer this evening with some new(ish) friends. Last summer I tried to start a weekly weekend soccer thing, but it was too hard to coordinate mine and my friends' schedules and it only lasted for 3 weeks or so. I love playing soccer, even though I'm pretty out of shape lately (unless round counts as a shape hur hur hur).

So I just received a call from Shane, a guy I've known for a while from way back when: we went to the same UWA hardcore wrestling shows some 4-5 years ago, he works at Image Collections (the comic book store I shop at), and we hang out at karaok enights. Safe to say we're friends by this point. So anyways, he texted me to see if I liked soccer at all, and I was like 'Heck Yeah!'. So I'll be reporting on my experience tomorrow, maybe with some photos.

I also just started playing Super Mario Galaxy 2, which reminded me I could write a review on it. But I haven't played enough to write a review (only about an hour in), so maybe I'll try hard for next week.

Also, this was my first week of working, and already I've stayed late on a Friday night (yes, Friday night!) completing a proposal to the Alberta government. Now, I know that this is the modus operandi for consultants, BUT I'm an internal consultant, so I'm not exactly doing the same stuff that consultants like the ones who work at McKinsey do. I also don't get paid nearly as much as those interning at consulting firms. Anyways, this is too much whining for the extent that I stayed late for (which wasn't very long). Any other day I wouldn't have minded. But it being on a Friday night ground my gears. I guess that's part of what comes with the territory of being a summer MBA intern.

No comments:

Post a Comment